Embedding External Websites into Moodle September 11, 2011Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Moodle.
Moodle allows entire websites to be shown within the course page (IFrames) without opening a new window . This will keep the Moodle navigation bar (also known as bread crumbs) visible on the page . This gives the impression of still being inside of a course site while actually on an external site . Follow these steps to embed a website into a Moodle course module .
- Login to your Moodle-course with an instructor account .
- Inside the course panel click the “Turn editing On” button .
- Click on “Add a Resource” and select “Link to a file or website” from the dropdown menu .
- Give the external site a Name .
- Pastethe web site’s address (URL) into the Location box . If you do not already know the website-address , click on Search , Google will load to help you search a new website . After locating the site of your interest , Copy and Paste the web site address (URL) into the Location box .
- From the Window drop-down menu choose Same window , this will keep the content of the website you are interested into the same panel of Moodle . Also check off the Keep page navigation visible on the same page . Leave all other settings to their default.
- Click on Save and Return to Course .
- Now the link will appear on the module under the name you had assigned . Upon clicking the Website link , the embedded website will appear on the same window with all navigation buttons visible .