Assigning Moderation Roles to Registered Users in Moodle September 10, 2011Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Moodle.
Sometimes a teacher will want to over ride permissions for selected students . Typically they will assign a student a role locally . For example , assign a student as a editing-role on a forum . This does not create a new role , it modifies an existing specific role and affects the permissions this user will have on the forum .However , administrators can override specific permission in a role .
The user that has been assigned upgraded permission roles , can rename , split , edit or delete any thread on that specific forum . Although an moderated user can move (split) a thread to another forum , moving back that specific thread need also moderation roles on the second forum . The process to assign moderation roles to an student is as follows :
- Login as an administrator .
- Locate the forum or content you want to assign moderation roles
- Let’s pretend we want to assign moderation roles on a forum . Click on the forum link , on the new window locate the ” Update this Forum” button (top right) .
- Click on “Locally Assigned Roles” tab .
- Click on “teacher” link and from the new window add a student to the list
- Click on “Assign Roles in Activity module Mathematics Forum ” .
- Log-out and do a test .
Read more :