How to Automatically Backup Your WordPress Site to Dropbox July 13, 2011Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Wordpress - 3.
For those of you who don’t know, Dropbox! is a simple online virtual storage utility that allows you to make your files accessible from almost anywhere .Forget the ” old-fashioned” way to transfer data ( email , flash drives , cd’s ) . An free lifetime account provides 2GB on line storage that can be accessed through an browser just with a username and password . Over 5 million users are using this service for cdn , backup’s , storing photo-albums …..
Read more of DropBox’s features on this site .
Let’s demonstrate a practical example , backing-up on a scheduled bases a WordPress website ( files and a SQL dump ) by the help of a plugin . The steps to follow are :
- First create an account on Dropbox if you don’t already have one ( it takes only a few minutes )
- Install WordPress Backup to Dropbox! plugin on your WordPress framework .
- Activate the plugin , you’ll be prompted to authenticate so that the plugin can gain access to your Dropbox account .
- Configure the scheduled backups ,the settings page will show your next scheduled backup and how much space you have available . It also allows you to specify the folder in Dropbox where you want the backup to be placed . You have the option to store the backup locally as well ( on your server ) .
- Relax , the hard word for you is over , wait for your websites files and a SQL dump of its database to be dropped in your Dropbox! . At regular basis login to your Dropbox! account and drop older backups .
Related articles :