How to Embed YouTube Into WordPress Sidebar July 5, 2011Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Wordpress - 3.
Embedding YouTube into the sidebar of WordPress is an easy process . There are two ways you can share Youtube videos on your WordPress sidebar : install a plugin that creates a YouTube widget for you ( this option is only available to self-hosted WordPress ) , or embed video using the default “Text ” widget and YouTube’s embedding code . The final result is this :
- Using the Smart-YouTube plug-in ( only on self-hosted WordPress )
After the installation / activation of this plug-in , you get a ” YouTube ” widget in your admin-panel ( Appearance -> widgets )
Drag/drop it to where you want the video to appear on your sidebar and paste the embed code ( IFrame code ) from YouTube’s site .
- Using the ” Text ” widget :
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and select ” Appearance -> widgets ” from the left sidebar , this will open the widgets options , including a widget representation of your sidebar on the farthest right side of the screen .
- Select the “Text” widget from under ” Available Widgets ” and drag/drop it to where you want the video to appear on your sidebar .
- Go to YouTube.com home page and find your favorite video . Click the ” Share ” and “Embed ” buttons .
- Copy the embed code and paste it into blank text area for your ” Text ” widget . You can also add an header if you wish . In this IFrame code customize the size of your video to fit with the size of your sidebar .
- Click ” Save ” in the lower-right corner of your widget and check your website to make sure the dimensions of the video is matched your sidebar’s dimensions . If needed make some corrections on the IFrame code .