How to create a Search Module in Joomla June 24, 2011Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Joomla-1.6.
A search module will help your users to find things inside your Joomla Website . Although it is good to have a search module in your Website , in my personal opinion , only large Websites should have this functionality . Follow these simple steps :
- Creating an module : From the admin panel select -> Extensions -> Module-Manager -> New (icon)
- From the pop-up window select ” search ” ( now set all configuration properties)
- Although many properties can be configured , only two of them are mandatory
- Title : this is the name that is displayed in the module manager
- Position : on what position will this search field displayed
Modules must be placed in predefined module-positions .The template designer defines how many module-positions and where these module-positions are “layed-out” on the template . To discover the module- positions and their names read this article .
- Other important properties are :
- Status : Default is ” published”
- Module assignment : Default is ” All pages “
- Search button : Default is ” No”
- Box width