Simple steps to secure your WordPress installation June 9, 2011Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Wordpress - 3.
This article will demonstrate the “WP Security Scan ” plugin . Up to now this plugin has been downloaded over four million times , that means that the WordPress community has accepted his features . It scans your WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions for :
- file permissions
- database security
- version hiding
- WordPress admin protection/security
After installing and enabling this plugin , you will get an interface on your WordPress Admin panel
- Security : Scans your WordPress installation and lists the weak points
- Scans all folders and checks if their permissions are set correctly
- Password Tool : A handy password generator
- Database : By default WordPress will prefix the name of all tables in the database with ” wp_” ( during the installation process this prefix can be configured ) . It’s not a mandatory step , just add a bit to the overall security polity of your database ( security by obscurity ????? ) .