Using the beta Flex 4 SDK in Flex Builder 3 July 10, 2010Posted by Tournas Dimitrios in Flex.
In a previous entry, “Upgrading the SDK and Developing for Flash Player 10 in Flex Builder 3” , we saw how to download and install nightly builds of the Flex 3 SDK into Flex Builder 3.Setting up the beta Flex 4 SDK has a couple little “gotchas” which can be a little tricky.
- Download the latest Flex 4 SDK nightly build from opensource.adobe.com and extract the files in the .ZIP archive to your hard drive.
- Follow step 2 “Upgrading the SDK and Developing for Flash Player 10 in Flex Builder 3” entry to add the Flex SDK build to Flex Builder.
- Create a new Flex project in Flex Builder 3.
- Select Project > Properties in Flex Builder’s main menu to launch the Project Properties dialog box. Select Flex Compiler from the left menu, click the Use a specific SDK radio button, and select the Flex 4 SDK you added in the previous step.
- In the HTML wrapper section of the Flex Compiler settings dialog, set the required Flash Player version to 10.0.0 . Click OK to close this dialog box.